How to Work Out a VZ Commodore VIN
So you're not sure how to work out the VIN on your VZ Commodore?
Well don't stress only a handful of people are actually able to work it
out with zero difficulty, so we have written up a decoder to do just
this for you!
So if you have your VZ VIN handy, follow this link across to our VIN Calculator to have a crack at it! If you're unsure what your VIN looks like, it should be a series of letters / numbers similar to the following:
6G1ZK52F05L123456 (Click to View Decoder Example)
Interested In How It Works?
If you're still interested in what the VIN is comprised of, the following explains:
- Characters 1-3: The Vehicle Make Code (6G1 for Holden)
- Character 4: The Vehicle Model Code (Z for VZ)
- Character 5: The Luxury Level Code (Calais, Berlina, etc)
- Character 6: The Body Style Code (Sedan, Wagon, etc)
- Character 7: The Restraints Code (The restraints that are fitted to the VZ)
- Character 8: The Engine Code (The engine fitted to the VZ)
- Character 10: The Year Code (Year of car)
- Character 11: The Assembly Plant Code (That plant the VZ was assembled at)
- Character 12-17: The Serial Number (Serial number of the car)